Hi, my name is Candace and I am so glad that you found your way here! I hope you have fun browsing and that you learn a thing or two that you might not have know about food!
I live with my family in the great state of Texas in the beautiful Hill Country between Austin and San Antonio. (The latter city which was named in 2018 by UNESCO as a “Creative City of Gastronomy” and where a Culinary Institute of the America resides.)
To tell the truth, it was not until I was older that I really began to appreciate and enjoy the world of food and all that it holds. My dad has always loved to try new foods and I contribute to him the wonderful privilege of turning my brothers and I into unashamed foodies almost without us realizing it!
But my love of the history of food came later.
History and writing have always been two of my life long passions and in the process of researching for my yet unpublished novels and children’s series, I stumbled upon the amazing realm of food history! Needless to say, that love has grown and exploded and the cookbooks overflowing out of my bookshelves can attest to the fact that I don’t plan on stopping on my mad dash into exploring this amazing world any time soon! Probably never.
Besides spending my time scoring old dusty cookbooks for exciting tidbits and cooking and baking, I enjoy reading, writing, hiking, being out of doors, traveling, creating and eating 🙂
Five Random Facts About Me:
1. I love to read and usually have four or more books going at one time. So that is why you will probably find many quotes from adult and children’s books about food included in my posts. 🙂
2. I was actually somewhat picky as a child. No more. Long gone are those days!
3. I love to travel! I have been to Israel and England so far and I have a long list of other places I want to travel to soon. Like Israel again, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, any South Pacific island, probably Fiji, Germany, France….
4. I always have some type of music playing if I can. Music is the sound track of our lives.
5. I love kombucha. Yes, I am that millennial. 🙂 And in case you were wondering, popcorn is my go-to snack. Cooked the old-fashioned way over the stove top in olive oil, of course.