Creating Your Own Blue Ribbon Recipe
Have you ever considered creating a blue ribbon recipe of your very own? It’s neat to have a recipe that you have tinkered and played with until its perfect. A recipe that everyone knows is your special recipe. 🙂 There are all kinds of old and new state fair cookbooks out there with the best recipes from some of the most well known fairs. A lot of the old state fair cookbooks you can find online or I recommend this wonderful cookbook called Amercia’s Best State Fair Recipes. I suggest you find one and try some of the recipes out!
To create your own blue ribbon recipe here are some ideas:
- Create a new recipe for a food item you love (ice cream, biscuits, pickles, quick bread)
- Or take an heirloom recipe you have and perfect it!
- Always use the freshest and most seasonal ingredients.
- If you can grow the ingredients yourself, that would be even better!
- Use spices and herbs in your recipes.
- And something that it your own special touch like a special spice or flavoring.
- Write down everything as you make the recipe so you don’t forget any special steps.
- If something doesn’t work, try again with something new!
- Let your friends and family taste test your work.
When you have that blue ribbon recipe perfected, why not actually enter it into your own county or state fair? You never know if you could be the next person to take home the blue ribbon that year!