There comes a time for everyone who has a blog or website, I think, when you need a break. 🙂 I’ve reached that time for me. I don’t want to stop writing or exploring the world of food history, but I need some time to rest, recharge and plan. I have several projects going on that are demanding a lot of my attention and so with the summer arriving, I thought it would be a good time to step back and focus on them for awhile.
I’ll still be posting on my Instagram so you can find me there. And don’t worry! I’ll be back the first week of September to finish out the year with some great content I have planned! Until then, I hope you all have a wonderful, food-filled summer! 🙂 I would encourage you to explore the archives on the sidebar for all my food history content. Or take a look at my recipes or the Feasts of History series on the top menu. Here are a few of my favorite posts that I have written to get you started. Enjoy!!
- Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Honey Butter
- Feasts of History: The Jade Emporer’s Banquet
- The Spring Tonic
- Native American Contributions to World Foods
- A Fermenter’s Experience: Ginger Beer
- The History of the Picnic
- No Sugar, No Flour, No Butter, No Eggs
- The Music We Listened to While Doing the Dishes
- Let Nature Inspire Your Kitchen!
- Exploring My Grandmother’s Recipe Box
- Road Trip!
- The Comforts of Tea
- Prairie Cooks
- America’s First Cooking School
- Homemade Old-Fashioned Applesauce
- Nostalgia Ahead: Retro and Vintage Menus