If anything, the after-school snack is a constant in kid’s lives. In the fifties and sixties, it was homemade cookies and milk. In the earlier days, it might have been whatever was on hand to nibble on before supper was put on the table.
Here I would like to offer a list of classic ideas for after-school snacks. Enjoy!
- Ants on a Log
- Hummus with Celery and Carrots
- Plantain Chips or Pretzels
(Healthier alternatives to regular potato chips, but you still get that salty, crunchy yumminess!)
(Like Oatmeal or Peanut Butter)
- Fruit Leather or Dried Fruit
- Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas
- Yogurt with Maple Syrup or Honey or Fruit
- Graham Crackers and Peanut Butter
- Lettuce Wraps with Fresh Veggies
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Homemade Trail Mix or Nuts